Today is a BIG day, it’s my 41st birthday! Yay! I must admit, since turning 40, I had all these goals; weigh 50kg, earn more money, be fit an toned, I would . . . the list goes on. BUT instead I decided to count my blessings and create a ’41 things i am grateful for’ list.
Gratitude means thankfulness, counting your blessings, noticing simple pleasures, and acknowledging everything that you receive. It means learning to live your life as if everything were a miracle, and being aware on a continuous basis of how much you’ve been given. Gratitude shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present. In addition, behavioural and psychological research has shown the surprising life improvements that can stem from the practice of gratitude. Giving thanks makes people happier and more resilient, it strengthens relationships, it improves health, and it reduces stress.
Obviously starting with what I am grateful for today; which is celebrating my 41st + treating myself to a solo-trip to Paris 10 days from now!
41 things I am Grateful for (in no particular order apart from the first 5):
- My gorgeous daughter who’s my life and my pride (+ an Award Winning Blogger)
- Everything I AM and everything I HAVE
- Second chance to build up my life from scratch
- My Life Coach, Mindfullness Via, Law of Attraction, Self-confidence, Food & Nutrition and Counselling Skills Diplomas
- My Minimalism, de-cluttering and letting go journey
- Simplifying my life and businesses to the better
- Living more mindfully and soulfully
- My Kindle
- How much I’ve changed, grown and evolved over the past year
- Values my Mum & Dad taught me
- My 11 awards (!!!!)
- My freedom
- Having the ability to help, inspire and empower others
- Having a great and supportive family
- Being Indian, born and brought up in Norway and living in London
- Being able to Design the Lifestyle I Desire
- The knowledge that I can make a list like this and I’ll start to feel WAY better!
- Being Petite! (A posh way of saying small & short)
- The way I have grown in the past few years
- My even more conscious relationship with my body
- My ‘Never give-up’ attitude to life
- Khushi doing amazing at school
- The smell of fresh bread every morning (No, I don’t bake every morning, but walk past our local supermarket where they bake bread daily)
- M&S Earl Grey Tea (my FAVOURITE)
- Fresh flowers on my table every week
- My willingness to go beyond my current limits
- Walking along the canal and river every day
- My passion for creativity
- My ability to visualise things (and my clients’ dreams)
- Internet and WiFi!
- My planning and organising skills (I am pretty good at it actually!)
- The possibility and ability to expand my knowledge
- Coming up with ideas to expand my business and improve my Life
- Having countless of Media appearances over the years for the work I have done – check it out here
- Super proud of my Baby for being a Junior Bake-Off Contestant in 2015 and the Youngest ever Youth Ambassador for Dream Girl, The Film
- All the knowledge and resources we have access to via the wonderful internet
- Having self-published two books
- My weekly Podcast Show
- Living on the gorgeous countryside of Hertfordshire
- My clients, readers and tribe
- Having had the opportunity to work with many amazing well-known brands on my blogging journey
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!