Since the beginning of 2019, I have covered the following topics; JANUARY: Laying the foundation for 2019, FEBRUARY: Create new Mind, Body & Spirit Rituals, MARCH: Simplifying my life for abundance and APRIL: Focusing on my Health & overall Well-being.
This month is all about Finding & Creating your Signature Style; fashion, colours, make-up, skincare, beauty routines, expert interviews and more – so stay tuned!
Over the last 12 months, I feel that I have truly found and stuck to my own personal style in which I feel my most confident and fashionable self. But this did not happen overnight, it has taken me years to find ‘the’ colour. Back in the days, I used to love bright colours, I still do, but I don’t necessarily like to wear them. My main colour now is Blush Pick; it’s romantic, soft, delicate, gentle, sensual, soft, feminine etc.
Finding your signature style can make life so much easier. You’ll know what you’re looking for when you shop, and you’ll know exactly what to put on every day. A signature look is the holy grail of personal style. It is the icing on a refined, well-curated wardrobe.
Whether you want to overhaul your entire wardrobe, make a few small changes or if you feel genuinely lost, finding your signature style can go along way. The impact of your own personal style goes way beyond making a good first impression, it’s about the ability to feel confident and beautiful all day, every day in what we are wearing. Knowing what style you love and suits you most can make a huge difference in that department.
Our personal style is always evolving and will change over time depending on various factors relating to your lifestyle. However, being clear on who you want to present to the world is unlikely to be drastically different no matter what stage of life you’re at. It’s important to remember that though we can love a certain style, we can still appreciate a number of others.
Most women feel overwhelmed because we have the ‘too many clothes and nothing to wear’ syndrome. It’s estimated the average woman spends £85,000 on clothes in her lifetime – scary but shockingly true!
I’m a great believer in less is more – don’t buy clothes for the sake of it, buy them because you love them, and more importantly they LOVE you back.
Clothes LOVE you if . . .
- The colour lifts your features and enhances your complexion
- The fit makes the best of your best assets
- The style fits with your personality
- The clothes compliment, fit and flow with existing items in your wardrobe
So it’s wise to do your homework and consider what colours suit you, what your style personality is, have an organized wardrobe and be aware of your body shape before you embark on any radical shopping trips.
You need to be really confident with all of the above in order to move forward on your style journey. Many women I see fall into a ‘panic buying’ mode, shopping becomes a chore rather than an enjoyable experience. In all cases, this happens because people are driven by society’s expectations of style rather than their own. But, never fear, style can easily be found and nurtured and the fabulous thing is once you have it, it will never leave you.
Here’s my quick, no-nonsense guide to making a head start on finding your style:
- Create a Pinterest research board depicting your personal body shape and find the best styles to suit your shape
- Create a Pinterest research board depicting your favourite styles, try to categorise yourself into one of these 5 style personalities – Classic, Romantic, Natural, Dramatic or Creative and go with this theme, mixing too many styles with sending a confusing message
- Take a trip to the shops and test what colours suit your skin tone
- De-clutter your wardrobe and only keep clothes that fit in with the above three points. Be ruthless and make room for fabulous, new fresh clothes that work for you.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!