Can you believe we have just entered the second quarter of the year? Where has the time gone? If you’ve been following me, you’ll know that so far we covered Laying the foundation for 2019 in January, Creating new Mind, Body & Spirit Rituals in February and How to Simplify your life for abundance in March. In April, we’ll be talking about a topic that is very close to my heart; Focusing on My Health & overall Well-being.
“I Re-Examined My Life to Focus on My Well-Being.”
Putting your life on pause to focus on your well-being is no easy feat. It means giving up the day-to-day things that give us routine and structure, often pay our bills and give us self value, even if those things are what is making you unhappy.
Have you checked out Design the Lifestyle YOU Desire’s Wellness Directory yet? It’s a one-stop destination of everything you need to Live a Well-Designed Life; Consciously, Intentionally & Wholeheartedly – from books, podcasts, recipes, coaches, interior design, fashion, beauty, health and fitness and more ♡ at the click of your mouse (or tap of your finger). . . . https://www.designthelifestyleyoudesire.com/directory/ . . . #inspiration #motivation #empowerment #PersonalDevelopment #Lifestyle #Abundance #DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire #growth #reflection #LifeCoach #gratitude #selflove #selfworth #success #mindset #goalsetting #selfgrowth #dailyinspiration #personalgrowth #BlissfulForties #Over40 #40s #TheMindfulLife #livebeautifully #theeverydayproject #liveauthentic
The four stages of overall well-being:
Spiritual strength is that force that drives us to make sacrifices for others, our nation, and the greater good. It may come from religious faith, heritage, experience within our community, the influence of role models, or other sources of inspiration.
Emotional wellness refers to building an awareness of and accepting one’s feelings and moods. It includes finding ways to encourage positive thinking and acceptance of oneself.
Physical wellness includes expanding your knowledge about your lifestyle and how food, good nutrition and physical activity can be an integral part of your lifestyle.
Social wellness entails being cognizant of the impact you and your actions have on your community, society and nature.
Grab a notebook or a pen and paper and answer the questions below – this will help you to evaluate your overall well-being and gain clarity over where you need to put your focus on to, to improve your life:
- Do you set aside time in your day for prayer, meditation, or personal time?
- Do you set aside time in your day for relaxation/quiet time?
- Are you able to make decisions/complete activities with minimum stress/worry?
- Is there something you are looking forward to?
- Do you participate regularly (min 3X/week) in any activity?
- Do you get adequate and satisfying sleep, and wake up refreshed?
- Do you need to work on issues related to tobacco, alcohol, or nutrition?
- Do you set aside and plan time to be with your family and friends?
- Do you feel that your relationships are positive and rewarding?
- Are you involved in group activities or hobbies?
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life