Muscle stiffness and you; a relationship that you have come to dread overtime does not want to leave you that soon. Muscle stiffness is not at all a good feeling because it makes you tight and numb in various places. You experience cramps and discomfort all over your body and the rigidity that does not leave you makes you restless and agitated at the same time. However, in several cases, muscle stiffness just goes away as the day passes by. But people often complain about extended soreness and stiffness which can be due to several reasons such as:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Muscle injuries
- Certain types of medications
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Sports injuries
- Wrong posture
- Sudden or wrong movement of limbs
A Few Signs And Symptoms Of Muscle Stiffness
Muscle stiffness is generally characterized by:
- Sharp sensation
- Long-term soreness
Most of these symptoms usually subside as you go about your daily routine. You may feel almost unbearable discomfort and stiffness for the initial 30 minutes in the morning the moment you get out of bed.
In certain cases, a few movements and exercises may make this pain even worse. You may also feel numbness, tingling, difficulty in balancing, and frequent head rushes, especially in the evening, when you are done for the day and about to leave for home. This could be again due to stress in your muscles and joints. In other cases, a little bit of exercise and stretching can help you get rid of this stiffness and manage your pain more easily regardless of the time you perform them.
Diagnosis For Muscle Stiffness
- Disclose All Your Medical History To The Doctor
- Undergo A Physical Examination
- Routine Blood Tests
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Computed Tomography
However, you may not need these tests in the first place if these symptoms are not serious and the majority of them are manageable at home. You can invest in some gadgets such as the Osaki massage chair, to help you get rid of all of them rather quickly. Such gadgets are also helpful in relieving you of your long-term pains, sprains, soreness, and spasms that could be affecting your life for years.
When Is It The Right Time To See A Doctor?
You should call your doctor regarding the muscle stiffness that you have been facing if:
- You experience a lot of stiffness in your neck along with fever
- There is extreme muscle weakness and you are not able to coordinate your grip and gait
- There is a lot of redness, swelling, and pain in the area where you have been experiencing stiffness
- You are certain that the muscle pain started after taking a new medication or a combination of a few medicines
Few Quick Remedies For Muscle Stiffness
- Rest is probably the best medicine for your injured and stiff muscles Discontinue all your activity and allow your muscles to recover
- Elevation of the inflamed part to minimize pain and stiffness is also effective
- Ice packs and compression bandages also work wonders for your muscle stiffness other than this, you should also invest in the right over-the-counter medication, try stretching exercises, and meditation
Muscle stiffness is not something that you have to take seriously unless you have symptoms that won’t go away on their own. It should be manageable for the most part. If it is not, do not hesitate in getting medical help.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!