The combination of intense, savoury Matcha with sweet, creamy coconut milk has become a bestseller at Good & Proper Tea London Tea Bar and a popular, jitter and dairy-free alternative to your morning coffee fix.
Here’s how they make theirs.
What you need
- 1.5g Ceremonial Grade Matcha (approx 1 heaped teaspoon)
- Bamboo Matcha whisk (alt. small metal whisk)
- Chawan or Matcha bowl (alt. small ceramic bowl)
- 200ml of Rude Health Coconut Drink.
- 15ml hot water (approx 60 degrees)
Method for making Coconut Matcha Latte
- Sieve your matcha powder into a wide bowl or Matcha bowl (Chawan)
- Add the hot water (if you don’t have a temperature controlled kettle, to get 60 degree water simply let the kettle sit for 5 minutes with the lid open after boiling or mix with cold water at a 1:4 cold to boiling ratio)
- Use a whisk to make a smooth, green paste, making sure to get rid of any lumps.
- Pour the matcha shot into the base of your glass or mug
- Heat the coconut milk (in the shop we use a steam wand to get a smooth, creamy foam but heating it in a pan until it just starts to simmer will work just fine).
- Finally slowly pour the milk through the matcha shot
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!