Sustainable superfood brand and certified BCorp Aduna launches Advanced Superfood Blends: the world’s first FairWild-certified sustainable superfood range. Expertly formulated with a leading nutritionist to boost everyday health whilst providing targeted support across five areas: Mind, Beauty, Energy, Digestion and Super-Greens, they are packed with the planet’s most powerful and sustainable superfoods. An easy way to get your recommended intake of 30 diverse plants a week for a healthy gut microbiome while supporting producers and the planet.
Each Advanced Superfood Blend contains Aduna’s Essential Superfood Formula: seven potent superfoods (baobab, camu camu, lion’s mane, flax, moringa and wheatgrass) specially selected to support immune function, the nervous system and gut health: the foundation of all wellness. The Essential Formula is then boosted with advanced ingredients including nootropics and adaptogens that provide more targeted support depending on individual needs.
Andrew Hunt, Aduna CEO said: “Aduna has been a pioneer in superfood nutrition and sustainable sourcing for 10 years. Our Advanced Superfood Blends go beyond the norm: combining everyday mental and physical health with targeted nutritional support and exceptional taste. By incorporating regenerative, high-impact superfoods, each blend also supports rural communities and environmental regeneration. We’re proud to present the world’s first FairWild-certified superfoods, guaranteeing we pay above market prices to the thousands of producers we work with in Ghana, contribute to social development funds and protect the planet through sustainable wild-harvesting processes.”
Aduna Nutritionist Farzanah Nasser who advised on the range said: “The latest research shows that the key to lasting health is a diverse gut microbiome, which has a positive knock-on effect on all aspects of physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. We should aim to eat 30 different plant-based foods a week with a vibrant mix of colours (including vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds herbs, grains, legumes, beans, teas and spices). Aduna’s Advanced Superfood Blends contain 30 vibrant superfoods across the range and taste amazing. Adding a teaspoon is a great hack to get in some additional plant points and diversity of plant foods to help you reach or exceed this target”
Farzanah continued: “We formulated the range to include an Essential Superfood Formula that supports the gut, brain and immune system because these are the foundations of wellbeing. Prebiotics baobab, inulin and ground flaxseeds nourish the gut microbiome, promoting overall health. Lion’s mane is a nootropic, enhancing focus and reducing anxiety and depressive mood. Moringa, baobab and camu camu are high in fibre supporting digestion and essential nutrients for the nervous and immune systems. And wheatgrass contains all the digestive enzymes; amylase, lipase and protease, helping break down food and absorb nutrients.”
Each blend contains Aduna’s Essential Superfood Formula plus a selection of superfoods hand-picked to support a specific benefit. Farzanah explains the benefits & flavour of each blend:
- Mind (chocolatey) – “Adaptogens ashwagandha and schisandra and nootropics reishi and lion’s mane manage a healthy stress response while cacao powder acts as a prebiotic supporting the gut microbiome and boosting mood and cinnamon helps ease anxiety.”
- Beauty (tangy berry) – “Loaded with antioxidants from hibiscus (so rich in flavanols it’s nick-named the anti-ageing plant), beetroot, goji and açai plus anti-inflammatory nettle, this blend fights free radicals and nourishes the skin from the inside out. Rich in vitamin C and protein, it supports cell growth, collagen formation and skin elasticity.”
- Digestion (cinnamon-spiced) – “Packed with baobab, flaxseeds, inulin and psyllium husk, this blend is rich in fibre and prebiotics that help feed and nourish the gut microbiome. Anti-inflammatory ginger, cinnamon and turmeric help soothe and regulate the digestive system while chamomile is a nervine, helping to calm the gut.”
- Super-Greens (zesty greens) – “A powerful mix of adaptogenic green superfoods, containing 15% plant protein supports both body and mind. High in B vitamins, vitamin C and minerals like magnesium and iron, Super-Greens aids the nervous, immune and digestive systems. Algae like chlorella and spirulina provide omega 3 for heart health, while wheatgrass, barley grass and moringa offer cleansing antioxidants.”
- Energy (citrussy) – “Loaded with energy-boosting plants: guarana and matcha which contain caffeine for a natural lift, vitamin C rich baobab to fight fatigue-triggering free radicals and maca, an adaptogen, to enhance resilience to stressors.”
The range is 100% organic, and vegan and contains no gluten, added sugar, preservatives or additives.
Eating just one teaspoon of each of Aduna’s five Advanced Superfood Blends a week gives you acai, ashwagandha, baobab, barley grass, beetroot, brown rice, cacao, camu camu, chamomile, chlorella, cinnamon, dates, flaxseeds, ginger, goji, guarana, hibiscus, inulin, lemon, lion’s mane, maca, matcha, moringa, nettle, orange, psyllium husk, reishi, schisandra, spirulina, turmeric and wheatgrass.
Each 8g serving (1 teaspoon) provides a rich source of fibre and vitamin C, supporting energy release, immune function, healthy skin, nervous system, collagen formation and reducing tiredness & fatigue. Add to smoothies, juices, water, breakfasts, lattes or wherever your imagination takes you.
In partnership with its Ghanaian conservation charity partner ORGIIS, Aduna has planted over 35,000 trees in Ghana and Burkina Faso and created sustainable incomes for over 3,350 women, enabling them to provide for their 20,000+ dependents.
Aduna Advanced Superfood Blends are available from Holland & Barrett, Amazon and aduna.com for £21.99 for a 100% recyclable 250g resealable pouch.
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life