Skintelligent – The first entirely evidence-based skincare guide written by a real expert that explains how skin actually works, how to navigate the confusing world of Big Skincare and what you really need to do to achieve healthy, glowing skin – throughout your life.
This is the first book about skincare based on fact, not fiction.
Some Key Points:
- There is no such thing as ‘essential’ skincare; almost all skincare should be viewed as a ‘luxury good’ and therefore, in fact, absolutely not essential!
- Scared of using Vaseline? Don’t be – it’s the best moisturiser on the market, also the cheapest, it doesn’t ‘clog pores’ or cause pimples and it is totally safe to use. Plus, it is in every single moisturiser on the market anyway.
- You don’t need to buy a separate product to use around your eyes, just use your regular moisturiser around your eyes; ‘eye creams’ are a scam
- Facials are a waste of time and money
- When it comes to skincare, less is always more
- Expensive skincare is never better than cheaper skincare
Consultant Dermatologist Dr Natalia Spierings of Channel 5’s Skin A&E has announced the launch of her new book, Skintelligent: what you really need to know to get great skin, published by Vermilion on July 7th 2022. Dr Natalia Spierings is here to shake things up in the skincare world and isn’t afraid, to tell the truth, and call out the BS about all things related to skincare. Drawing on a decade of work as a practising consultant dermatologist, helping thousands of people achieve great skin, she will empower you with the knowledge to navigate the confusing world of skincare so you never get fooled into buying hundreds of pounds of disappointing cosmetic skincare products again. If you have a problem with your skin – whether it is pimples, pigmentation, overly dry skin, large pores or whatever – the problem you have needs to be viewed as a skin abnormality or even a disease and therefore cannot be corrected with a three-step skincare regime you buy at a department store.
Dr Natalia Spierings said:
“I wrote this book with the aim of answering all the hundreds of questions I get every day from my patients and through social media about skincare; there is too much misinformation being thrown at us about skincare from people who just don’t know what they are talking about, merely to sell products. It’s time to empower the skincare consumer with facts and the correct information so we all stop wasting our money (and our hope) on products that don’t deliver on their (often outlandish) claims.”
Using an unbiased, evidence-based approach and cutting through the pseudo-science, she explains:
- how skin actually works
- which skincare products are proven to be effective for all major facial skin complaints
- what trendy skincare ingredients do or don’t do what they promise and why
- what you can do to manage everything from acne to rosacea to melasma as well as wrinkles and sun-damage
Bringing together years of experience treating a huge range of skin problems, Skintelligent is the only book you will ever need to read to get great skin.
“Buying this book will be a great investment; following Natalia’s advice will save you money on your skincare whilst helping you to look your best.” ~ Dr Andrew Birnie, Consultant Dermatologist & Founder of Altruist Sunscreen
“Dr Natalia Spierings is a terrific consultant dermatologist with a very clear – and utterly science-based — approach to skincare which many people will find refreshing.” ~ Alice Hart-Davis, founder of thetweakmentsguide.com
About the Author
Dr Natalia Spierings is a Consultant Dermatologist with a Master’s Degree in Aesthetic Medicine. A unique combination of technical skills, depth of knowledge, aesthetic sensibility and communication skills has positioned her globally as a leading dermatologist. She currently splits her clinical time between both the NHS and private sector in London, and at Kings College Hospital in Dubai. @drnataliaspierings
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life