With allergy season in full swing, Bioglan Superfoods shares its top tips and simple nutrient-packed recipes to try this summer.
Research from Cambridge University has shown that our immune system does in fact vary with the seasons. Whilst we do tend to be healthier in the summer, the summer cold is very much a real thing that many of us often mistake for allergies.
With allergy season now upon us and 1 in 4 people in the UK suffering from allergies, it’s never been more important to nourish our bodies with the essential nutrients and vitamins it needs to fight off any unwanted colds or allergies.
This summer, Bioglan Superfoods are encouraging the nation to obtain the key nutrients our bodies need through our diets.
Our diets play a vital role in protecting us against summer colds and cases of flu while helping to boost our overall health.
Bioglan Superfoods champions preventative health measures, sharing their belief that it is more beneficial to prevent ailments than to treat them.
The Superfoods range includes five nutritious powder blends: Superberries, Supergreens, Digestive Boost, Cacao Boost and Green Boost, plus two protein blends: Beauty Protein and Super Protein. These can be blended into smoothies, sprinkled on breakfast or used in cooking and baking to help us get those much-needed vitamins and minerals into our diets.
Bioglan Superfoods has compiled its top tips to help keep summer colds and allergies at bay:
- Vitamin C is a great place to start for boosting immunity and preventing a summer cold, this can be found in lots of places including citrus fruits, spinach and broccoli. To boost vitamin C even further, add Bioglan Superfoods Superberries into your daily routine.
- Whilst many reach for over-the-counter medication once they start feeling the effects of their hayfever, it is just as important to act ahead of time and prep your body for the summer to come. Eating garlic can help to boost the body’s immune system and works as a natural antihistamine.
- It is well known that eating local honey can help reduce summer allergy symptoms, so why not create a high protein smoothie using honey, fruit, and Bioglan Superfoods Beauty Protein to arm your body against pollen and allergens?
- Another key nutrient in fighting off colds is zinc, which can be found in salmon and avocado. Pair these with a dressing made using the Bioglan Superfoods Supergreens and your body will be set to fight anything that comes it’s way.
- Finally, there is nothing a cup of tea can’t solve, herbal teas work to soothe sore throats and decongest runny noses.
Bioglan Superfoods also have a wealth of recipes to get the most out of the superfood powders this summer.
For a healthy and impressive starter, try Bioglan Superfoods’ own version of the classic Flatbreads with a nourishing green boost, a deceptively easy and versatile bread that can be dipped in a load of sauces.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!