Once upon a time (in my 20’s), I used to LOVE to wear make-up and when I say make-up, I mean proper ‘caked-up’. Everything from primers, concealer, foundation, contouring and the list goes on (and it’s pretty long!), but now – as I am hitting 40 this year, I prefer something that not only looks and feels natural but looks healthy and of course amazing PLUS is very easy to apply.
RELATED: Finding Your Signature Style
About a year ago, I discovered Teni Panosian, she’s the beauty behind MissMaven, an actress and a very talented beauty blogger and absolutely stunning! Below are two of my favourite looks she has created.
Check out her YouTube channel here.
Some days you want your makeup to look natural and not too “done” – at a low-key work lunch, during morning carpool, or when you’re wearing a really fancy outfit, for example. But going bare-faced is probably not what you had in mind! With the right products and techniques, you can make the most of your natural beauty without wearing a ton of makeup.
5 easy steps
STEP 1: PREP THE PALETTE
Great makeup always starts with fresh skin. To fool them into thinking your luminous skin is nature’s gift, start by washing, toning, and moisturizing your face.
“Also, drink lots of water to plump the skin from the inside,” says Pittsburgh-based makeup artist Patty Bell. Skin cells are made of mostly water, and if you’re dehydrated, your skin will look and feel dry, too.
Bonus tip: Don’t skimp on sunscreen just because you’re going for lighter makeup. The best choice is a lightweight, oil-free sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
STEP 2: STEP OFF BASE
Skip the heavy foundation and even out your skin with a healthy dose of sheer colour from a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.
“Applying your makeup with your fingers or makeup sponges instead of brushes will also create a more natural look,” says Mary Schook, a New York esthetician and makeup artist. Use freshly washed fingertips! Next, finish by applying translucent powder — but only where you need it, mostly around the forehead, nose, and chin.
Bonus tip: Use a light-reflecting concealer pen on dark or red areas — around your nose, under your eyes, on your chin. Light-reflecting concealers hide small-to-moderate imperfections without caking up.
STEP 3: FAKE A NATURAL FLUSH
Work with the tones in your skin. Find a creamy blush that matches your skin’s natural flush, like after you exercise.
Or you can use your lip tone as a guide. In general, powder pinks work for fair skin tones, peachy pinks work for medium skin, and brownish pinks work for darker skin.
“Blend a dot of the blush into areas where the sun would fall on your face — apples of your cheeks, chin, forehead, and bridge of the nose,” Schook says.
Bonus tip: For the most natural-looking flush, avoid makeup with a lot of shimmer or sparkle, which comes off as overdone. Pat the blush onto your cheeks and other areas, and then blend outward. You could also use the same cream blush on your lips.
STEP 4: OPEN YOUR EYES
Give lashes a subtle boost by curling them and then swiping them with one coat of brown or dark brown lengthening mascara. This is a good time to give your regular black mascara a break — you just want to add a little contrast, not drama, to your eyes.
For your lids, “you can still use a shadow and look natural,” Schook says. “Just use cream shadows in skin-tone-friendly shades instead of powders that can sit on the skin and make it look like you are wearing makeup.”
Bonus tip: If you have sparse brows or gaps to fill in, use a stiff brush to apply brow powder for a natural and subtle arch. And if you can’t leave home without eyeliner, smudge a little into the outer corners of your eye.
STEP 5: PUCKER UP
Polish off your no-makeup look with a swipe of lip gloss in a colour that’s just one shade brighter than your natural lip colour. Even better? New York makeup artist Denise Del Russo recommends using a colour-adjusting gloss. The shade changes to suit your individual skin tone when you apply it.
Bonus tip: Mist your skin with a weightless makeup-setting spray after you finish applying. Use the spray throughout the day to help your makeup stay fresh.
My ‘no make-up’ make-up look
- Eyebrows: WunderBrow in Brunette
- Little Round Pot Nude Edition Eyeshadow in colour shade ‘T04’, Bourjois
- Double Extension Beauty Tubes Mascara – Black, L’Oreal
- Bourjois Paris ColorBoost Lip Crayon in colour shade ‘On The Beach’, Bourjois
Natural Make-up Look
Generally, a lot of girls are asking how to nourish skin naturally? And many others among the girls buy and wear expensive makeup just to get a beautiful face and charming. Among them occasionally even excessive makeup or even mutually beauty brand to fit the health of their faces, but not beauty even earned their skin becomes damaged and no longer emit the skin’s natural beauty.
Here is some natural make-up tips are based on several experimental beauty experts who make up the course without excessive:
- If you want to leave the house do not forget to wear mascara! It can brighten your eyes, and also of course to reduce the impression of a sleepy or tired.
- Do not underestimate the bronzer or blush. Skin Bronzer purchase useful to stimulate the face, and set the bones. If you are looking for a dewier look, apply cream blush with your fingers or a sponge. You smile and pat on the apples of your cheeks. A round face, apply bronzer over your blush, just below the apples of your cheeks. This makes the face look very flexible and well defined. Do not forget to add a bit where the sun hits your face like nose, jaw, and cheek.
- Use a skin moisturizer that suits your skin type at night, this is done because when night will reproduce the facial skin of dead skin cells that comes out through the pores and cells change with a new skin, and of course when you wake up in the day, you will find your skin is soft and supple and charming. I strongly encourage you to buy skin moisturizing cream for the night, which is adapted to your skin type so you will get a natural skin tone while up every morning.
- Do not use other lip moisturizers, lip balm and excessive and just use Vaseline, do it every night when going to sleep and rejuvenation will occur on your lips and of course ready to wear lipstick every morning.
- A foundation goes a long way! Put a dime size or less and apply with a sponge or just use your hands. Do not underestimate your finger – they make a great tool! If you have red skin or spots, apply loose powder with a large fluffy brush over the foundation. This will minimize oil production and conceal redness.
- Do not overdo it with the help of correction! If you have dark circles, make sure you take a bit of concealed and use your index finger or a concealer brush to pat the darkness away. To hide the redness, use a green concealer, yellow concealed or use-based mixture that goes dark circles. Be sure to use very little to neutralize the skin. If you use a lot, you can look “cakey”, especially the pictures.
- It seems to apply a small flake in large numbers to the temples, cheekbones and collarbone at night.MAC mineralize skin suggest Finish. It is very light and has just enough brightness to illuminate at night! Also for dramatic effect, decreasing eyeliner on the upper lid, make sure the wing at the end, gives you a sexy look!
- Do not be afraid to apply some colour ‘to my lips! If you have light skin / pale, try peach or nude lipstick or lip gloss with a touch of shine. If you tan/medium/ dark skin, try purple, peach, brown or pink. If you’re feeling bold, try bright red! For more excitement, bought two shades of red, dark, and then the other. Use darker colours first and then apply light in the middle of the lips. For more details, applying lip gloss to lipstick. Do not forget to coat your lips, it makes a big difference!
- Exfoliation is essential! Using a gentle exfoliating scrub once a week as St Ives Apricot scrub, remove all the dead skin cells on your face can make skin scaly. This will leave you refreshed, soft and ready for makeup!
- Do not forget to smile and show your teeth! You can try to gently whitening teeth, such as whitening toothpaste mouth wash. In addition, the use of whitening toothpaste that has an agent in it will promote good oral hygiene, and eccentric to smile at you!
By implementing some of the tips above, the beauty of your skin and your overall look beautiful and fresh naturally without excessive makeup and you are ready to perform daily activities with the beauty that radiates from within you. Via Health and body care.
*Don’t forget to download my #FREE Lifestyle APP Live a Well-Designed Life