PI used to a be what you call ‘Chocoholic’, until I was diagnosed ‘pre-diabetic’. However, after consulting with my GP, I was given ‘green light’ to eat dark chocolate. And as we all know; it has got some amazingbenefits!
Taking care of our skin is not only about using cosmetics on it. What we eat also has a huge impact on how healthy our skin becomes. Dark Chocolate is one of those food items that can rejuvenate your skin from inside
The presence of anti-oxidants in dark chocolate makes it very useful for our skin. What dark chocolate does is that it protects our skin from UV damage. At the same time, it also helps to keep our skin hydrated and smooth.
Dairy Free Vegan Truffles
- 255g Dark Chocolate
- 90ml Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 100g Rolled oats
- 50g of shredded coconut
Organic Chocolate, Almond Butter and Almond Milk by Abel & Cole ♡
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the rolled oats, shredded coconut, vanilla extract and almond butter – mix well.
- Immediately add almond milk to chocolate, use a wooden spoon to gently stir until completely creamy and smooth.
- Mix the creamy chocolate mix to the oat mix well.
- Use a Tablespoon-sized scoop or a Tablespoon to scoop out small balls, then use your hands to gently but quickly roll/form the chocolate into balls.
- Toss in cocoa or cacao powder to coat and shake off excess, then set on a parchment-lined serving dish. There should be about 16 truffles, depending on the size of your scoop.
- Enjoy truffles immediately, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. This allows them to set and firm up.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!