Travellers decide to go on holiday for many reasons, and these include exploring another country, creating precious family time, and relaxing. However, when you have kids, relaxing is not always possible; a combination of kids and travel may not sound like the recipe for a relaxing holiday, but there are ways to do this if you spend time pre-planning your journey, accommodation, and entertainment to make sure that you have access to all the facilities that you need. If you are unsure what to do in the summer holidays, read on for some of the best tips on having a relaxing holiday with the kids.
Where should you stay?
– In terms of accommodation, choosing a family villa is one of the best options for large families. Villas give you the ability to stick to your own undisturbed schedule without interruption, while also giving you the copious amount of space you need for the kids to play. What’s more, villas are often in more attractive and peaceful locations, perfect for parents who want a relaxing evening in. Seminyak villas in Bali are the ideal option for families wishing to choose self-catered accommodation, allowing your kids to immerse themselves within a different culture and environment, while also providing you with all the facilities you need, such as a private pool so that the kids can play safely.
What are some of the best destinations for kids?
– Orlando, Florida. Orlando is at the top of most children’s bucket lists, with the promise of Disneyworld, Universal Studios, and Seaworld part of the collective childhood imagination. From being able to swim with dolphins at Discovery Cove to travelling a short distance to the Kennedy Space Centre to see the place where man first jetted off to the moon, there are endless activities in Florida to keep the magic alive all holiday long.
– Lapland, Finland. For a winter holiday with just as much magic as Orlando, Lapland is the official home of every child’s biggest hero: Santa Claus. Visit his home in Rovaniemi before going on a husky ride with every child’s dream pet. If you get bored of the snow and ice, travel to Moomin World in Naantali, an alternative to Disneyland based on the iconic children’s books and the loveable hippo-like creatures, The Moomins.
– The Algarve, Portugal. With its stretch of family-friendly beaches and easily accessible resorts, the Algarve is the perfect destination for both kids and adults. From playing the days away to visiting the host of attractions like Zoomarine, there is endless entertainment for the perfect family beach holiday.
How far should you travel?
– When travelling with kids, you should try to limit the length of your journey abroad, especially when travelling by plane. Many kids are frightened of planes or will grow uncomfortable, and so you should aim to limit travel times to increase their enjoyment.
– You may even consider the merits of a staycation, where you will have less hassle in terms of travelling with kids, as well as no need to arrange passports, flights, insurance, and many of the other elements that make holidays stressful.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!