How I wish I’d had the self-awareness, confidence, and joy I have now when I was in my twenties and thirties.
So much of life is wasted on worry, regret, pain, and heartache. Of course, some of this is inevitable and necessary. But I spent too many of my younger days sweating over things that really didn’t matter.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
I suppose “Life Lessons” are called that for a reason. You need to experience life in order to learn the lessons. And the more life you experience, the more lessons you accumulate. As I am entering my #BlissfulForties in less than a month, I am sharing the top 40 Life Lessons I’ve learned on my journey so far.
- MY FAVOURITE: Wherever Life takes you, Trust Your Journey
- Discover your core values and live by them
- Life isn’t always fair, but it’s good
- Practice Gratitude every day
- This is your life only, and you’re in charge of it – do wherever you need to do to put your mark on it
- When in doubt, just listen to your intuition and take the next small step
- Learn to differentiate between ‘want’ and ‘need’
- Life is too short so go and enjoy it
- Don’t buy stuff you don’t need (I must admit I used to be guilty of this one)
- Save for things that matter
- When it comes to chocolate – simply enjoy it!
- Practice Self-Love & Self-Care daily
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present
- Don’t compare your life to others.
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful – The Art of Simple Living
- Clutter weighs you down in many ways
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger
- It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer
- ANOTHER FAVOURITE: Burn the gorgeous candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special – it’s all you’ve got!
- Choose quality over quantity
- Find your Signature Style, Signature Make-up, Signature Scent and Signature Hairstyle
- Overprepare, then go with the flow.
- No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
- Always choose Life.
- What other people think of you is none of your business – You can’t please everyone!
- Time heals almost everything. Give Time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
- Believe in miracles – Life itself is a Miracle
- Dress your fabulous self up every day
- Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
- Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
- Nourish your mind, body and soul
- The best is yet to come…
- AND ANOTHER ONE: No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
- Eat whatever you feel like eating!
- Turn your home into your sanctuary
- Listen to your body
“In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
What are your top Life Lessons?
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!