We are now into the second weekend of February. I’ve had a busy’ish week; been working, de-cluttering and organising our home, cooking new recipes with Morrisons Eat Fresh (highly recommend them!), reflecting, reviewing and planning and watching movies.
If you’ve been following me, you’ll know that I spent majority of last year de-cluttering my home, my digital space, my businesses, going through paperwork and finances, curating my capsule wardrobe, make-up and jewellery collection and more – this has had profound impact on my life today. It has freed up so much space for me to do more of the things that matter and makes me happy. After all, it’s all about:
“Living a Well-Designed Life; Consciously, Intentionally & Wholeheartedly.”
This weekend celebrates following; Saturday the 9th is the Pizza Day and Read In The Bathtub Day, Sunday the 10th is Cream Cheese Brownie Day.
What to Eat
Pizza for mains and Cream Cheese Brownie for dessert of course!
Cream Cheese Brownies
- 150g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 100ml freshly made strong espresso
- 100g plain flour
For the marbling:
- 150g full-fat cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Melt the butter and the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Remove the bowl from the heat and cool slightly.
- Stir the sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt into the chocolate mix, then beat in the eggs using a wooden spoon or electric hand mixer until smooth. Stir in the coffee, sift over the flour, then beat until just combined and glossy.
- For the marbling, beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until smooth, then mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla. Spoon the coffee chocolate mix into the tin, then pour over the marbling mix and use a knife to cut through both mixes for a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30 minutes, but keep an eye on the brownies as you may need to cover the tin with foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking if they start to brown too much. Cool in the tin, then cut into 16 squares.
A ‘could’ do list:
- Visit a local food market
- De-clutter your wardrobe
- Call a family member
- Read a book
- Have a relaxing bath
What to watch
- Only You
- Letters to Juliet
- Julie and Julia
- Leap Year
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!