So we are in the third weekend of December (!) and only 10 days to Christmas – can you believe it? Tomorrow, (Saturday the 15th) celebrates International Tea Day and as we’re in the festive season, it’s only fair we make a Christmas Spiced Tea – right?
What to Make
Christmas Tea Black Tea with Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of black tea
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- Peel the superficial skin (without the white pith) of the orange and lemon with a vegetable peeler. Dry the zests in you preheated oven at 210°F (100°C) for 30 minutes. Let cool, then cut into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, chop cloves and cinnamon coarsely with a mortar and pestle.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise, then in 1 inch sections.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour into a confectionner bag. Then slide it into a cute packaging.
A ‘could’ do list:
- Take a family Christmas photo
- Go caroling
- Go ice skating
- Turn all the lights out – except the fairy lights – get your festive pyjamas on and have a Christmas movie marathon.
- Check out the Christmas lights around town
What to watch
- The Best Man Holiday
- The Man who invented Christmas
- The Accidental Husband
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!