When you feel that first crisp breeze, you know that summer is gone and Autumn is in the air. With this new season upon us (may I mention that it’s my FAVOURITE season?!!) – the colourful weather makes me feel inspired to get up, get going and try something new.
Is there something you’ve always meant to do, wanted to do, but just … haven’t? It’s always fun to do something new, but often we fall into the trap of doing the same things all over again.
I absolutely LOVE Autumn; Khushi going back to school, cooking delicious comfort food with seasonal produce, watch feel-good movies, start a new project, learning a new skill, going for long walks, snuggle up on the sofa with my kindle and a cup of Earl Grey tea and more.
For me, Autumn is the perfect season to reflect on the year so far; goals and achievements, health & wellbeing, what worked and what didn’t etc and then simply re-evaluate what to do next – and of course add in new things you want to try.
This month I will be:
- Autumn Cleaning (really looking forward)
- Get into painting with watercolours
- Cooking new recipes
- Bringing back weekly movie night with Khushi
- Watching Sex and the City (the series)
I came across this TED Talk by Matt Cutts (below). It’s only three-and-a-half minutes long but very encouraging — it was enough to give me the motivation to finish off online courses & trainings etc I’ve invested in but never got around to start.
A few ideas for you to try out this Autumn:
- Start a daily journal to write your thoughts in.
- Try a new cuisine – what about French, Norwegian or Indian? Learn how to cook a new dish for dinner. We all get tired of eating the same thing, why not try making something new?
- Learn a new skill – what about sewing, gardening or cooking? You’ll be surprised what you can learn in an afternoon.
- Visit your local farmer’s markets and pick out some fresh produce. Farmers markets are full of delicious fresh fruit, veggies and more. Find your local market and take a visit.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to recently and have a good long chat.
- Put on your favourite song and dance your heart out. You might be surprised at how much fun you have!
- Invite some friends over – there’s nothing better than an evening spent with good friends and good food.
- Try out a new form of exercises like Pilates, tennis or swimming.
- Organise a clothing swap with your friends. You’ll have a great time, and save some cash and the environment all at the same time!
Download the #FREE Ideal Day Planner!
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!