Some days you just want to crawl under the covers and stay there. One of the biggest revolutions is to just simply slow down.
For the last year and a half, my main focus has been to slow down and just be. Instead of working most of the time, I’ve started spending my time and energy on the simple pleasures in my life.
Things that make me feel happy and alive:
- Take a long, hot bath
- Have lunch outside
- Go for a long walk
- Have a cup of tea (I’ve created my own little tea-ritual; scented candle, ambient lighting, relaxing music playing in the background) #PureBliss
- Dress up (even if I don’t necessarily feel like it)
- Watch my favourite TV series (Sex and the City) or one of my favourite movies
- Go to the local park – bring along a hot drink and a magazine (current favourite is ‘In the Moment’)
- Cook a new recipe
- Walk around my home and take in the beauty of what I’ve created
- Get into my creative zone and practice my doodling skills
- Visualise my life in Paris
- Live my French Inspired Life
We all know and can agree that we live in a hard, busy world… So stay soft, calm and remember that you get to create your schedule.
What do you love to do?
- Making some tea?
- Going for a long mindful walk?
- Reading a book?
- Lying down on the sofa, with your head resting on a soft cushion, your body snuggled up in a blanket and listen to your favourite music (my favourite channel these days is Alex Rainbird‘s #IndiePopFolk
- the flavour of your favourite chocolate (my current favourite is Belgian Chocolate Truffles – they’re so rich and decadent that one goes a long way!)
These are some of the ways we really feed ourselves; our mind, body and soul ♡ living in the moment and take in the beauty of every day and everything around you – Enjoying the simple things in life.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @KiranSinghUK for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!