I recently read an article on nymag.com; ‘To Make the Weekend Last Longer, Try Something New‘ which inspired me to write this article; ‘Taking a Healthy Break’. Majority of us wait for the weekend to come so we can slow down, relax, spend time with family and friends and so on – BUT how about we actually try to find our ‘weekend joys’ daily?
Mornings usually goes on getting the kids ready for school, making breakfast, school runs etc, evenings goes on making dinner, help with homework, cleaning etc. – so the only time we usually have to ourselves is the lunch hour. So my question for you is:
Making time for mini adventures rather than waiting for that big holiday means life can be more enjoyable right now! The other day I had a couple of visions;
- Bring home a pot of fresh thyme, place it on the kitchen window sill and take in the fragrance of it!
- Go for a afternoon walk in the woods, notice the gorgeous nature and hear the birds sing!
And that is exactly what I did that day; Brought home a pot of fresh thyme and went for a afternoon walk in the woods. You see, making the most of your lunch hour doesn’t have to be something extravagant or time consuming – simple things bring joy – it’s all about being mindful.
Below are some ideas on how to transform your lunch hour into a more fulfilling and creative time:
- Spend some quiet time
- Enjoy a massage
- Have a snooze
- Go for a mindful walk
- Try some knitting
- Check in with loved ones
- Indulge in something you’ve been craving for
- Freshen up your make-up and spritz on your favourite scent
- Give your body and soul a nourishing meal – al fresco
- Listen to an inspiring podcast