So we are coming towards the end of May which means the focus of this month; Signature Style will be replaced by ‘Home – My Sanctuary’ in June. But before that, there are three more articles coming your way, one of them being another interview – this time with Style Coach Allison Hamilton-Rohe. founder of DailyOutfit. So keep on reading!
Tell us a bit about yourself.
- I’m a mother of two, wife, sister, friend and Personal Style Coach! I live just outside of Washington, DC, but have lived all over the world.
What sparked your passion for fashion?
- I realized that I understood the power of personal style to set myself up for success, but other women did not. I wanted to share my superpowers.
- At first, I knew I wanted to be my own boss and create a company that would empower women and be a great place for all humans to work. I sent out an email to my friends & family asking them what I should do and DailyOutfit was what came back. A mix of feminism, style, practicality, inclusivity and making it easy.
What does your day to day life look like?
- I work from home, so my morning is all about getting the kids off to school, then highly-productive work time either in-person with clients or online, homework/dinner at home and relaxation after the kids have gone to bed.
Can you tell us the importance of having a signature style in your forties?
- In your forties, you have grown into yourself. You know what you want (or what you don’t want) and realize that the time is now to make your dreams come true. It’s about dressing to empower and please yourself.
What are your top 5 tips on finding and creating your signature style?
- When I work with a client, I start with what flatters her. It’s important to know how to look and feel your best. Then, we dig into what matters to her — her core values and the message she wants to send out into the world. Finally, we clarify her dream. How does the woman she wants to show up in the world? What does that look like? Once you figure these three elements out, you have a vision for your personal style. Then, it’s a matter of actioning it by shopping your closet and adding any items you need for your wardrobe.
What are your thoughts on a capsule wardrobe? Best advice on how to create one?
- Capsule wardrobes are great, but they are next-level. For many women, outfit creation is challenging so building individual looks is the way to go. If you feel comfortable with accessorization, a capsule wardrobe is transformative. I have several: one for work, one for the weekend and one for Summer.
What are the highlights of your career thus far?
- Creating my personal style formula, testing it and seeing it work to transform amazing women is the delight of my life. It was also awesome to get an agent for my book proposal — now we just have to sell the book!
What are you currently working on?
- Since I recently arrived in the DC area, I’m expanding my network here and building my roster of local clients. It’s fun seeing how my global online clients and the local connections I’m making intermix day-to-day.
What has been the most exciting collaboration you’ve worked on so far?
- I’m actually in the midst of an exciting collaboration with District Bliss. We’re going to put on a workshop on smart & strategic shopping, then share it digitally with their community. It’s fun to work with other creatives to build something from scratch!
Do you have any words of wisdom that you would like to pass on?
- If a style has been challenging for you hitherto, I want you to know it is absolutely possible for it to be easy!
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!