Spring is a great time to clear the clutter from our homes and lives, but did you know you can also give your thoughts a spring clean too?
Our thoughts have a huge impact on our feelings, actions and results. We tend to think that our thoughts are just part of who we are, that we have no control over them, that they’re affected by outside circumstances or our mood. But we actually have more control over our thoughts than we realise, and becoming more aware of our thoughts is the first step to deciding what we actually want to think.
Spring is traditionally a time of growth, a time to take stock of where we are in our lives and plant the seeds that will grow and develop as the year rolls on. But in order for any new positive thought ‘seeds’ to fall on fertile ground, we first need to clear away the ‘weeds’ in our mind – those self-limiting beliefs and past-their-sell-by-date thoughts that are holding us back.
Use these questions to help give your thinking a Spring Clean so that you can prepare for amazing growth this year. Apply the questions to each of these areas in your life and/or business: Family & Friends, Work & Business, Physical Health, Mindset, Spirituality, Financial, Fun & Relaxation.
- Do you have an IDEAL LIFE VISION for this area? In other words, how would your ‘ideal day’ include this area, what would happen, where and with whom
- What are you TOLERATING in this area right now that you’d like to change? What
frustrates you, but you’ve been putting off doing anything about it?
- What do you feel you SHOULD be doing in this area? Are those shoulds aligned with your Ideal Life Vision?
- What do you really DESIRE in this area? What would you do if money and time was no object? What seeds do you want to plant that will grow into something amazing this year?
- How are you FEELING about the this area of your life right now? How would you like to feel?
When you’ve given yourself some time to consider each of these questions, make a plan to do one thing in each area of your life that will clear away any negative thoughts and replace them with a positive plan of action to move you forwards.
Let’s start this new season with a Spring in our mindset!
By Michelle Reeves
Life and Mindset Coach, Habit Strategist