You might remember a post I wrote last year about ‘Enjoy Your Own Company‘ where I put emphasis on the importance of spending time alone with yourself, without distractions, that it’s crucial for all of us because it opens up space for our real thoughts to come through, of being immersed in our own thoughts and inner guidance, being comfortable with who we really are.
The perfect way to this is simply to go on a date with yourself – I must admit it’s a great tip and a wonderful excuse to please yourself.
“Schedule a Sacred Date with Yourself. You deserve time for Your Life.”
Take yourself somewhere you would love to go: an art gallery, a shop where you can buy something special, the river, the theatre, a health club or spa…the choice is yours, but I am sure you get the idea.
Plan your date with yourself as if you were going out with someone who is very important to you:
- What will you wear?
- When you will go?
- Where you will go?
REMEMBER: You are going out with an important person; Yourself. Your relationship with yourself is the most important one that you will ever have.
Need some inspiration on what to do?
- Day-trip to PARIS
- Go to the movies
- Have lunch and or dinner at a nice restaurant
- Afternoon Tea for one
- SPA Day
- Have a Photoshoot / Selfie Photoshoot
- Go to a Museum
- Visit an Art Gallery
- Go stargazing. Make a wish on the brightest one
- Lookup a recipe for a dish you’ve always wanted to try. Cook it for yourself and eat by candlelight
- Go shopping for something you want (not need)
- Lunch alfresco
- Check out your local farmer’s market. Cook with fresh food all week long!
- Take a Dance Class (I would LOVE to learn to dance Salsa)
- Go to one of those bookshops where they serve drinks – and simply read a book while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea (my favourite)
- See a play
- Check-in at a hotel
- Write at a cafe
- Take a hike/explore nature
- Visit a botanical garden
- Go to a concert
- Create a ritual
- Have a Digital Detox Day
- Treat yourself to a picnic in the park. Bring along a good book, or just soak in the peaceful feeling of spending time in nature
- Take yourself zip-lining somewhere both thrilling and beautiful
- Do absolutely nothing. Just relax with yourself for a moment