This is the privacy notice of Design the Lifestyle You Desire. In this document, “I”, “me”, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Design the Lifestyle You Desire.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all the information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
How I collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks based inside OR outside the EU; and
- search information providers based inside OR outside the EU.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as PayPal based outside the EU].
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
How I use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email me at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||The lawful basis for processing|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity(b) Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your order including:(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
|(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to recover debts owed to us|
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
|(a) Identity(b) Contact
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them and grow our business|
|To administer and protect our business and our site (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity(b) Contact
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant content and advertisements to you and measure and understand the effectiveness of our advertising||(a) Identity(b) Contact
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical(b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our site updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity(b) Contact
|Necessary for our legitimate interests to develop our products/services and grow our business|
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details where the use of them for marketing communications is explicitly communicated
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email me at email@example.com.
If I need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which I collected the data, I will notify you and will explain the legal ground of processing.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on my instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where I am legally required to do so.
Complaints regarding content on our website
If you complain about any of the content on my website, I shall investigate your complaint.
If I feel it is justified or if I believe the law requires me to do so, I shall remove the content while I investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so I have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If I think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, I shall not correspond with you about it.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by me or transferred to me either through my website or otherwise. My employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by me.
Sending me a message
When you contact me, whether you contact me through my website or by e-mail, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I record your request and my reply in order to increase the efficiency of my business.
I keep personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to me.
I use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires me to contact some other person, I may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. I do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for my sole discretion as to whether I do give information, and if I do, what that information is.
I may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service I provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Use of information I collect through automated systems when you visit my website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use my website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages I display on my website
- to keep you signed in my site
- to record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on my site while you complete them
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my servers for web pages and other content on my website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse my website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the web pages on my website and how I perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information I know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to my website.
My use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse my website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Third party links on our website
Third parties may advertise on my website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on my website.
I do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
Data may be processed outside the European Union
My websites are hosted in the United Kingdom.
I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of my business.
Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software my website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
I use the following safeguards with respect to data transferred outside the European Union:
The processors I use such as Google and MailChimp are themselves GPRP compliant – you can directly contact MailChimp to view and remove the information we hold on you for example.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on my website you may send me a request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving the request, I will tell you when I expect to provide you with the information, and whether I require any fee for providing it to you.
Removal of your information
If you wish me to remove personally identifiable information from my website, you may contact me at email@example.com.
This may limit the service I can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
I do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do I market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use my website only with consent from a parent or guardian
How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled then I hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with me in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how I process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by me:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by my tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use my website.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use my website. I advise you to print a copy for your records.