This little trio makes such beautifully warming dish that’s somehow comforting and light(ish) at the same time. Wonder-food.
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into rounds
- 1 wheel of organic Cotswold brie, sliced
- 250ml pouring cream
- 150ml stock*
- A handful of rosemary, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Pop a pan of water on to boil and add a pinch of salt. When the water is boiling add your potatoes. Gently boil for 5 mins.
- Mix your cream and stock together. Add half the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk.
- The potatoes should be soft but still firm. Drain. Cool under gently running cold water so you can hold them without burning yourself.
- Arrange a thin layer of your apple and potato slices in an oven proof baking dish. Sprinkle with a little rosemary and add a few slices of brie. Repeat your potato, apple, rosemary and brie layers till you run out.
- Top the bake with brie and pour over the cream mix. Bake in the oven for 40 mins or till golden brown on top.
*Do connect with me on Instagram at @DesignTheLifestyleYouDesire for behind the scenes, daily updates, inspiration and more!