I saw a quote on social media about a week ago that has resonated with me ever since. This quote put into words the feelings that I had been having of late, in a way that I just could not quite do. The quote read:
Build a life you don’t need a vacation from.
Being a Single Mum – which believe me, can be pretty stressful and full of struggles at times. Single Parents experience even more pressure to hold everything together and are particularly susceptible to burnout and the negative impacts of isolation and overwhelm.
My aim (especially since starting our our new home.) has always been to Design a Life I don’t want a break from, however I haven’t been able to put this into reality since January 2014 – when we moved in to
Below are my TOP 10 TIPS on how you can Design a Life you don’t want a break from:
- Long-term thinking your life and time has been worthwhile
- Finding enjoyment in daily life and finding or creating work you love
- Having a holiday mindset, all of the time
- Being prepared to work harder than we have ever worked to achieve this goal
- Understand that money isn’t the priority, happiness, contentment and fulfillment is
- Create in ALL aspects of your life
- Practice mindfulness and meditate daily
- Turn your Home into a Haven; Live below your means, Create a Beautiful, Healthy and Happy Home and
- Plan what your ‘Ideal Day‘ would be like and make time to do things that make you HAPPY
- Balancing adventure and reality – how to incorporate adventure into your daily life